Physical Therapy Assistant Job Duties:
• Contributes to physical therapist's effectiveness by identifying patient care issues; providing information and commentary; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physical therapy directives.
• Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying therapy histories.
• Assesses abnormal conditions by reviewing physical therapist's interpretations of patient evaluations and test results.
• Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
• Performs therapeutic procedures by administering manual exercises; instructing, encouraging, and assisting patients in performing physical activities, such as non-manual exercises, ambulatory functional activities, and daily-living activities; and in using supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, and prostheses.
• Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information; promoting wellness and health maintenance.
• Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
• Maintains production objectives by noting current treatment trends; monitoring actual physical therapy services rendered to production objectives.
• Maintains legal and accreditation compliance by adhering to policy positions concerning federal, state, and local regulations, and jacho standards; anticipating emerging issues.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Enhances physical therapy and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills/Qualifications: Physiological Knowledge, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Motivating Others, Organization, Bedside Manner, Patient Services, Health Care Administration, Documentation Skills, Listening, Verbal Communication